Humberston Academy is now recruiting for an English Teacher. This exciting opportunity could be the ideal next step in your career.
If you are ambitious, inspirational, creative, open-minded, and want to be part of a department that consistently achieves academic outcomes in the top 10% nationally, then we want to hear from you.
Providing our young people access to a world-class education and enrichment experiences is what drives us. Our students benefit from a wealth of opportunities to develop, learn and lead. From the classroom, to cultural visits, sports, music and arts and engaging with our local communities, the rich and varied experiences we create help fuel ambition and unlock potential. The education and experiences equips our young people with the leadership skills, team spirit, resilience and confidence to become outstanding citizens.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
About our Academy
Humberston Academy is an oversubscribed ‘outstanding’ academy located in an affluent area of North East Lincolnshire. As well as being an outstanding academy, Humberston Academy achieved ‘World Class Schools’ status in December 2019.
You will be joining a hard-working supportive team that consistently achieves excellent GCSE results that are well above the national average due to a team of outstanding practitioners who demonstrate a real enthusiasm for English and are acutely aware of the link between the subject and the world of work.
We are therefore looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and creative candidate to deliver English up to KS4, and to be part of our team here at Humberston Academy.
About the role
- High standards of teaching and learning
- A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification
- Nationally recognized teaching qualification
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3-5
- A very good classroom teacher, demonstrating ability to innovate
- Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s
- Able to show evidence of the use of technology in teaching and learning
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment
- Contribute to whole school initiatives
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively, imaginatively and effectively with them
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate
- Willing to contribute to the professional development
- Well motivated, enthusiastic and prepared to work hard
- Good organisation and time management skills
- Have high expectations of what students and staff can achieve
- Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a successful Academy
Salary & Benefits
- M1-UPS3 (£24,373 - £40,490)
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Professional development programme
About The David Ross Education Trust
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) has grown to a network of 34 academies, incorporating primary, secondary and grammar, and special schools. We employ over 2000 people with the primary focus of raising the standards of education for 13,000 young people. Whatever your role, you should know you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. Our aim is to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and Winter Cups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips/visits throughout the year.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
While each academy is unique, we share common goals, aspirations, values and methods that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We operate regional hubs, whereby academies work with other schools who are part of the Trust so we can share skills and knowledge, allowing them to benefit and learn from each other. We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development to support our practitioners to deliver high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
To complete our application form, please click the following link: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/dret/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1366 Please note we do not accept CVs without a completed application form.
Early applications advised as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Humberston Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.