Post: Library Manager
Salary: £20344 - £21589
Hours: 25.25 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Library Manager at Buntingford Library. Buntingford is a growing market town as well as a commercial centre for the surrounding rural area. The new manager will have proven supervisory experience, and will build on the outreach work and range of activities on offer in the library established by the previous postholder.
Main responsibilities are:
· Promote the library service to the wider community, and to actively engage with local partnerships and organisations.
· Motivate and lead the team to deliver a high quality library and information service to the community
· Actively manage and supervise the team to ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with HCC policies and procedures
· Lead by example, ensuring that the communication and delivery of new service initiatives is carried out to achieve positive outcomes
· Oversee the Performance Management Development Scheme and provide effective appraisals to frontline staff
· Support the delivery of the Inspiring Libraries Strategy, by encouraging all staff to promote the library, and contribute to the ambition of attracting more visitors through participation in outreach and promotional activities and via partnership working.
Please provide a supporting statement which includes examples and evidence of when you have demonstrated the attributes listed in the ‘Person Specification’. You will be expected to address each criteria separately and in the order as listed in the ‘Person Specification’. The supporting statement should be up to 2 pages long of A4.
If you do not complete a full supporting statement in the requested format, your application may be rejected.
Please ensure you are able to work the hours on the rota before applying.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Pam Hutson, Operations Librarian on 0300 123 4049
Closing date: 26 January 2020
Interview date: 7 February 2020 at Letchworth Library