Social Workers/Senior Social Workers
When Children’s Services get involved in the life of a child our priority is to make sure our social workers have the support, time and resources they need to provide a quality of service – the kind of service we ourselves would wish to receive.
We are committed to social workers having caseloads that give them time to focus on relationship based practice. To reflect this we are currently seeking to grow our workforce, we are looking for high quality, permanent Social Workers at all levels.
Social Workers in Wokingham are valued for the important and challenging work they undertake and will find an environment where their learning and development is promoted and supported. We are seeking Social Workers who have a passion for working with and improving outcomes for children.
The purpose of this role is to work in partnership with children, young people and those connected to them, in order to co-create plans that meet the identified needs.
Wokingham Borough Council is based in Wokingham Town Centre, an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London and Reading. It takes 7 miles to get to the M4 and 10 miles to get to the M3. The Borough has good schools and low levels of crime and the town is attractive to families and residents, who enjoy a high quality of life.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Undertaking child and family assessments
- Carrying out child protection enquiries
- Safety planning with children and families
- Direct work with children and young people
- Care proceedings and court work
- Working with children in care
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:-
- You will need to have the ability to communicate effectively with children
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Effective IT skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and on your own initiative, taking ownership and responsibility
- Good working knowledge of the relevant statutory and regulatory framework and of an appropriate range of professional interventions.
- Problem solving skills and ability to deal with sensitive issues
- Recognised and current professional Social Work qualification, e.g. DipSW, Social Work degree.
- Registration with the Health & Care Professionals Council (HCPC) is essential.
What we can offer you:-
- Competitive pay
- Manageable caseloads and supportive management
- Excellent Learning & Development and Career Progression programme
- Generous Annual Leave allowance
- Flexible work
- Enhanced Local Government Pension Scheme
Please go to our Careers page www.wokingham.gov.uk/why-wokingham-childrens-services for more information about Our Offer to our Social Workers.
Closing date for applications: 20/01/20
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form or send a CV detailing your full employment history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for an informal chat about the role and the opportunities that we have at Wokingham please contact either of the following:
Estelle Kelleway tel: 0118 908 8227
Jasmine Grimshaw tel: 01189088352
WBC is an equal opportunities employer.