SEC – Procurement Manager (Projects)
£54,742 + car allowance + bonus
Would you like to be part of an ambitious organisation truly looking to make a difference to the sector?
The South East Consortium (SEC) is a not for profit organisation representing social housing providers in London and the South East. SEC run more than 100 competitions each year and currently administer more than 18 different frameworks.
You’ll lead our approach on a number of exciting projects including renewable technologies, smart homes, new build and consultancy to name a few.
You’ll be the lead contact in our business for creating intelligent procurement models that our customers can rely on. You’ll do this by researching, consulting and engaging with stakeholders. Your role will also mean you’ll be responsible for putting together models that are innovative, future-ready and flexible. These models will also generate SECs income so you’ll need to be commercially sensitive.
You’ll need to be a people-person who really understands the sector and what it needs. You’ll be expected to Chair workshops and lead at seminars as you’ll need to grow interest in the projects you’ll be leading on. You’ll need to be able to evidence that you can operate under pressure with multiple deadlines.
You’ll report to our Head of Operations and need to have the following experience;
- CIPS level 4 or above
- A thorough understanding of a procurement service with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. OJEU experience is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of framework tenders and dynamic purchasing systems is advantageous
- Track record of leading on successful client engagement sessions.
You’ll also have strong analytical skills and be able to engage with customers at all levels. You’ll need to be flexible and prepared to travel to meet customers and contractors. You’ll need to be willing to travel across London and the South East.
To find out more, please contact Marc Baines, Managing Director – SEC (07525 679943).
Internal applicants only:
Please apply via the intranet as you will be required to complete a longer application form if you continue. Please check your eligibility to apply.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination– You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
For Additional information, please download the full JD attached. If the role sounds of interest and you would like to arrange an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Optivo or the role, please contact TalentAcquisition@optivo.org.uk