TWO VACANCIES at Soulbury A point 3 – 8 £40 949 - £50,159 plus up to 3 SPA’s
London Borough of Waltham Forest (London Borough of Culture 2019 and Local Authority of the Year) offers a Retention bonus of £2000 which is paid annually in June and December. The bonus is subject to conditions. New recruits joining us will receive £1000 on commencement and £1000 on successful completion of the first 6 months of employment.
The Educational Psychology Service is well regarded in the borough and as a consequence of recent promotions and an increase in commissions, we are looking to appoint an experienced Educational Psychologist to work in our team.
- Outer London /Casual Car/Bicycle user allowance (plus access to E car to carry out visits to schools).
- Up to 3 SPA agreed when conditions are met
- Posts are for 36 hours per week but term time contracts or part time work will be considered
This is an exciting time to become a member of a friendly supportive team co-located within spacious and bright accommodation in a primary school based 15 mins walk from Highams Park Overground station, close to the A406, with bus links to Walthamstow Central. Parking is available in nearby streets.
The EPS team:
- Consists of 17 permanent EPs with trainees
- Is a successful traded business unit within a local authority
- Is committed to enabling EPs to be involved in a variety of activities including early years work, consultation, project work, ELSA, YOS, college work , borough wide training in addition to work commissioned by schools and statutory work (approximately 25% of the allocation).
- Has strong support for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Provides comprehensive induction and ongoing supervision.
- Enjoys strong reciprocal links with professional training courses.
- Benefits from dedicated administrative support and high-quality IT with all EPs having a WiFi laptop and smart phone.
You will need to be:
- An excellent practitioner with good communication, interpersonal, organisation and time management skills.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Able to show initiative, take responsibility and recognise the issues of working within a traded environment.
- Committed to consultative problem solving as a model of service delivery.
- Have professional Educational Psychology qualifications (usually a Doctorate) recognised by the BPS, have HCPC registration and be DBS cleared
For an informal discussion about this post:
Please contact Fiona Davey (Principal Educational Psychologist) Fiona.Davey@walthamforest.gov.uk 07961 323 850
Applications by https://ats.jobsgopublic.com/
The closing date for applications is… Friday 7th February 2020
Interviews are provisionally arranged for Friday 14th February 2020