Revenues Officer (Council Tax and Business Rates)
Waltham Forests Revenues Service is committed to improving collection and providing high quality services to all of its residents.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Revenues Officers, who have experience of working in a Revenues debt collection environment to join our highly motivated team. The Revenues team is responsible for the billing and collection of Council Tax, Non-Domestic Rates and Business Improvement District Levy.
As we are looking for someone who can combine attention to detail with excellent customer service. You will also need to be reliable, conscientious and with a strong work ethic. You will need to be able to negotiate with customers to make sustainable payment plans. You will need to be able to work flexibly as part of a team and communicate face to face or in writing. The grade for the position is Scale 5 - SO1. Previous experience in Council Tax or Business Rates is essential and recent use of One Revenues would be desirable.
Short-listing will therefore be based on the level of experience against the criteria within the job description and personnel specification
You will have:
- An indepth knowledge of Council Tax legislation
- Experience of ensuring accurate billing collection and recovery of Council Tax
- Experience of having worked in a Council Tax back office environment
- Experience of having worked in a debt collection environment
- Ability to produce clear and concise written communication.
- Ability to be confident and engaging with the general public both face to face and on the phone when advising on complex Council Tax matters
- The ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Experience of using a revenues management system and a variety of IT systems
All applicants must have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with the public to maximise Council Tax collection rates.
Closing Date: 17th January 2020