Required for April 2020/Sept 2020
Portway Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
Chief Executive Officer – Emma Nicholls
Headteacher – Scott Chudley
Please visit our website for further information about Portway Primary School, and take a look at our Portway Primary School Facebook Page, and our Twitter account - @PortwayE13.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Head Teacher at Portway Primary School. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated KS1 Assistant Head teacher to join our dynamic leadership team. This role will include supporting the Head Teacher to provide strategic leadership for Portway School which secures success and continuous improvement to enable every pupil to achieve their full potential. This role also involves either the management of the middle leadership team or leading a core subject area across the whole school.
We can offer you:
- Quality first professional development;
- Curious children, who love learning;
- A supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues;
- An energetic and sociable environment to work and play!
We welcome applications from experienced leaders who will:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching to secure pupil outcomes;
- Value professional development and be enthusiastic about taking risks;
- Implement creative approaches to learning and to inspire others;
- Be resilient, with a desire to progress within a school leadership role.
Before deciding to apply you will want to find out more about the school - To arrange a visit and/or informal discussion about this post, please contact Scott Chudley – Head teacher or Gemma Hall – Deputy Head teacher on 020 8472 7142.
Further information about our school can be found on our website - https://portway.leadinglearningtrust.org
Closing date for applications - 28th January 2020
Shortlisting - 30th January 2020
Interviews - 3rd and 4th February 2020
Portway Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. We are fully committed to safeguarding children. References and qualification checks will be undertaken.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools