At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Programme Manager (Fire)
Type of Contract: Permanent
End Date: Sunday 26 January 2020
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Package: Total package up to £60,000 (dependent on experience)
Interview date: Friday 31 January 2020 (Croydon Office)
Overview- Programme Manager (Fire)
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the delivery of the overarching Optivo plan to implement the change and business improvements required following the Hackitt Review and subsequent legislation and regulation.
- Supporting others across the organisation to deliver while also actively undertaking project tasks within the programme.
- Ensure the overall integrity and coherence of the fire safety improvement programme.
- Effectively support the co-ordination of the work streams and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising.
- This role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum for improvement in fire safety, by developing and maintaining a programme to support each project and respond to the changing external environment.
- Knowledge of Hackitt recommendations and current fire safety best practice
- Senior level experience of managing large and complex projects/programme from conception through to completion
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of community engagement and resident liaison
- Experience of managing high profile programmes in a changing environment
- Experience of driving culture
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, in regards to building, construction and health & safety.
• Educated to degree level/post graduate qualification or have an equivalent level of experience and knowledge
• Project management qualification or appropriate level of experience
• Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficient use of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
• Sound business case development and approvals skills
• Expertise in budgeting and resource allocation procedures
• Credibility to advise and support staff in other teams on their projects in relation to the programme
• Can use the appropriate IT tools to manage projects and produce reports/presentations for different audiences.
• Solution focused, ability to create innovative solutions
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills, be persuasive and diplomatic while remaining independent
• Organised and methodical approach to work
• Be attentive to detail when writing specifications, checking work and materials
What’s in it for you?
• Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
• Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
• Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
• Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
• Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
• Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
• Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
• Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
• Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
• Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
• Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
• Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information on the required skills & abilities, please download the JD attached)
If you have any question or would like to arrange an informal and confidential conversation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org