Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first£33,948 to £42,684 per annum (plus a Retention Payment where applicable)
Our children deserve the best. In Hillingdon, our specialist Court Team work alongside children and their families towards permanence. Our Court social workers receive additional training (i.e PAMS, Reunification and Court skills), to ensure that every effort is made to provide the family with the right intervention to achieve change in children’s timescales, or to help parents cope where their children have to grow up with extended family, connected people, foster carers or adopters.
Our Court Team works closely with IROs, psychologists, care providers, the virtual school, Cafcass guardians and other multi-agency professionals to ensure that our children receive the highest level of care to achieve the best possible outcomes.
We are looking for Social Workers to join our Court Team, who have children’s rights inscribed in their hearts and children’s aspirations focused in their minds. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, skilled social workers who want to invest their energy into achieving better and better outcomes for our children and their families every day.
Can you see yourself as part of the Hillingdon family? If so, read further...
What Ofsted said about our Court Service:
•When children need to be looked after, they receive effective and sensitive intervention tailored to their individual needs.
• Robust and timely care proceedings that meet the objectives of the Family Justice Review Recommendations.
• Children subject to the public law outline and care proceedings benefit from exceptionally strong intervention work including early permanency and timely care planning that is regularly reviewed and updated with changes needs of our children and young people
• Direct work is consistently undertaken, not only as part of permanence work, but also to help all children to understand their histories and experience
Having achieved good outcomes for our children, we are now striving towards outstanding outcomes for every child and their family. We continue to grow, challenge ourselves, our colleagues and our partners to develop with confidence and competence.
In April 2018, Ofsted said the following about our Outstanding Leaders:
• “The dedicated and knowledgeable leadership team models a child-centred approach to all strategic and operational interventions for children and this is replicated throughout the staff group
• The willingness and curiosity to constantly learn from new ideas result in positive outcomes for children.
• Senior managers demonstrate a common sense and flexible approach to provision of this service, with intervention for children decided on need, reinforcing a needs-led approach to service delivery.”
“Working for Hillingdon Children's Services has been an exciting time in my Social Work career coming from a South Africa. I cannot think of anywhere I would rather work, the support I have been given both by my team and managers has been remarkable making me feel welcome. There is committed staff team, supportive working environment and good training opportunities to grow and boost one's professional knowledge. There are good opportunities for progression within the service. Hillingdon recognise talent and I was promoted to Advanced Practitioner within 18 months of arriving in the UK.''About the person
How will we help you develop as a social worker? • As part of the West London Alliance and West London Teaching Partnership, Hillingdon has a PCF/KSS led training programme to provide all social workers with focused development opportunities.
• You will be surrounded by emotionally intelligent, dedicated social workers and leaders who model a “Children First” ethos. Every conversation you have will enhance your learning.
• You will have regular, reflective supervision and group supervision.
• You will be trained to use risk assessment tools and apply strength-based models of restorative practice to achieve best outcomes for children.
• You will be provided with equipment to assist mobile and flexible working.
• You will receive regular feedback from children and young people about your practice and how it impacts on their lives.
• You will have access to a clear career pathway with opportunity to grow in accordance to your talent and need.
What we need from you: • You must have a social work qualification
• You must be able to evidence a commitment to your own development since qualification
• You must be HCPC registered
• Previous experience working in a Court Team or holding cases in care proceedings is also desirableAdditional information
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Disability Confident Employer &
Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy