At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Closing date for applications: Sunday 26th of January 2020
Overview- Quality Assurance Officer
To be a member of the Asset Management (Compliance) “self-auditing” function, which acts as a second-line of defence for Optivo by monitoring day to day delivery of Regulatory and Policy Compliance in accordance with agreed Management Plans.
Experience of working within Asset Management or Compliance service, especially within a social housing environment.
Understanding of Compliance areas and requirements on housing organisations including:
- Fire prevention,
- Water hygiene,
Experience of managing, uploading and analysing large data sets, and ensuring taking responsibility for quality compliance data.
Experience of auditing asset compliance documentation.
- Numerate, with good analytical skills
- Able to analyse statistical and other information, and to produce management reports
- Able to write clear and accurate reports which highlight areas for attention and which support compliance
- Able to plan and prioritise to ensure the effective use of own time and that of other staff, and the delivery of work plans to timetable, often under pressure
- Ability to undertake Project work
- Computer skills sufficient to operate Core Systems, especially Apex (or comparable asset system), complex software or develop formulas for moderately sophisticated spreadsheets.
- Ability to use a variety of software packages to produce correspondence and documents, and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and databases;
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to interpret and apply policies and procedures and to resolve problems, and to present a professional approach to internal stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information on the required skills & abilities, please download the JD attached)
If you have any question or would like to arrange an informal and confidential conversation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org