Targeted Youth Support Practice Manager
Based at Apsley covering Watford, Three Rivers /Hertsmere
£39,782 pa progressing to £42,683 pa pro rata PLUS £4,000 annual market forces payment
37 hours per week
“Doing direct work with young people that makes a real difference”
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Targeted Youth Support Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its positive and progressive work with adolescents.
The Targeted Youth Support Service is a uniquely integrated multi-agency service delivering a range of interventions to young people and their families. These include youth justice orders, statutory social work to Children Looked After and family support/early intervention for family breakdown.
You will be an integral part of the Management Team to ensure that statutory responsibilities are met in all areas, as well as analysing and planning in regard to overall service delivery. You will line manage a range of staff from various professional backgrounds.
We are a friendly, supportive and positive team. Your career development is important to us and HCC provide an excellent range of training as well as a supportive induction period into the role.
*We are looking for a committed and dedicated team player to join our service
*You will be a qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
*You would have a proven track record of quality practice and management experience
*Ideally you will be experienced in the areas of Youth Offending and/or Children’s Services
* Line management of a range of staff
* Being a proactive member of the Management Team to drive service delivery and staff performance, and including duty management
* Supervising staff who hold complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment
* Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information, using various IT packages
* Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
* Lease car scheme
* Free parking at all our sites
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent Career Development and Training
* Salary exchange for additional benefits
* Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
* Discounts and cashback on shopping/holidays/entertainment with our Herts Rewards Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
For an informal discussion please contact Louann Priam Team Manager on 014442 454040 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: midnight 3rd February 2020
Interview Date: 13th February 2020