Please note that Surrey County Council's headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be relocating back into Surrey in 2020 to support our Community Vision 2030. For more information please visit https://bit.ly/35HiN90.
About the role
Orbis is a public sector organisation like no other, it's a partnership between Surrey, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council, with expertise, innovation, and customer-focus at the heart of what we do.
Although we're part of the public sector, we bring a unique commercial focus to our pensions administration work, ensuring we provide best value for all our local authority partners. Right now, we administer schemes with 250,000 members across East Sussex and Surrey. We're also making history by working in partnership with four London boroughs. We are developing new member and employer portals, and actively pursuing innovative ways of using technology to provide the best possible service to our scheme members.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our growing team. This post is based in the Pensions Team in Kingston, Surrey who run the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme and the Firefighter's Pension Scheme.
We are looking for someone to assist in the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), in particular maintenance of the pensions administration database.
Pension Services is a very busy team with approximately 20% turnover of LGPS membership each year. In this role you will be required to manage and prioritise a high volume of work and be able to work to deadlines.
Our Pension Assistants form part of the Trainee Team within Pension Services; a team of about 10 employees who are responsible to the appropriate Team Leader. We are therefore looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, who is able to work flexibly and enjoys being part of a busy team.
This will be a varied role where you will be doing different things everyday, including the following
- Data input, sorting/distributing mail, photocopying and imaging back to records
- Prepare and dispatch documents to achieve efficient and timely turnaround of routine matters
- Administrative and support activities to contribute to the smooth running of the work unit
- Receive and respond to enquires, escalating where necessary, to provide a timely and effective service to others.
- Help prepare materials to assist in the effective organisation of internal/external activities
- Receive visitors and action basic enquiries in a courteous manner to promote a positive image of the work unit.
To be shortlisted for this role, you will need to clearly evidence the following in your application:
- Knowledge of the use of IT systems and window based packages
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of the need to operate with absolute confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to work flexibly as part of the team
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Fiona Jackson by e-mail at Fiona.email@example.com
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 31/01/2020.
Interview dates to be confirmed.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.