At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Head of Property Management
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Package: £64,549 plus ECU allowance
Location: Croydon (Travelling will be required to sites)
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th of January 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 4th of February 2020
Overview- Head of Property Management
Leading all of Optivo’s block management for all leasehold and shared ownership homes. Managing Optivo’s non general needs rented tenants such as market and intermediate rented. As well as managing Optivo’s growing home ownership and non-general needs rented stock, the role is responsible for setting, reviewing and complying with policies and procedures for the departments stock making sure it meets all relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as working towards best practice and high levels of customer satisfaction in all areas of the operation.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent or ability to operate at that level (E)
- Member of the IRPM or RICS or extensive leasehold block management experience including managing blocks in mixed tenure environment (E)
- Extensive experience of legal aspects of leasehold law and regulations, including sections 20 and 20b and practical experience of preparing and representing cases at Tribunal (FTT and upper Tribunal) and court (E)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the management of properties let on open market terms.
- Working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Acts, Statutory Instruments and Regulations. (E)
- Good understanding of the property market including the open market rented sector(E)
- Experience of developing goal orientated strategies and of meeting targets (E)
- Budget management experience. (E)
- Experience of staff and performance management. (E)
- Excellent understanding of building technology, repairs and maintenance (D)
Skills & Abilities
- Strong and effective communications skills, both oral and written. (E)
- Effective IT skills including property management MIS. (E)
- Ability to understand complicated account information and ensure that this results in accurate and legally complied estimated and reconciled accounts for a large multi-tenure housing association. (E)
- Strong project management skills (E)
- Strong influencing and persuading skills (E)
- Strong verbal and numerical reasoning skills including monitoring and evaluating, judgement and decision making (E)
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities. (E)
- Ability to prepare and present high level reports (E)
- Ability to think strategically and formulate viable plans (E)
- Full driving licence and have a vehicle available for work use (E)
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information please download the JD attached)
If you have any question or would like to arrange an informal and confidential conversation please contact email@example.com