Bring science to life in our hands-on science exhibition. And you will experience a great place to work.
Everything we do here is about helping our visitors, especially families, enjoy their visit to the hands on science and discovery exhibition. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience at all times and our Explainers play a key role in helping us achieve this.
Because we’re Bracknell forest
Our team of explainers go out of their way to ensure all our visitors enjoy their visit to the hands-on science and discovery exhibition. You will be interacting with the children and assisting them with the science activities, making their visit fun and informative as well as clean and safe. You will also host our birthday parties and present our science shows to the public.
We will support you to:
- assist in the operation of exhibits helping visitors to gain a better understanding and advising of their educational content in an informal and non-threatening way
- be sensitive and take the initiative in caring for the needs of the visitors including groups and individuals in making them feel welcome
- maintaining the high standards within the exhibition, always ensuring the zones look their best throughout the day with a high standard of cleanliness
- develop new skills through a programme of training and development
- dress up as The Look Out’s mascot Eric as required
- and lead children’s birthday parties and lead or help with fun days and workshops or other activities that are on offer to the visitors
The benefits you will experience are:
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to help children engage and learn about science through play.
- To work on the door step of the picturesque Swinley forest.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, confident and reliable person to join our explainer team. You will have the ability to converse with customers of all ages and backgrounds to ensure that they have the best visit possible. The successful candidate will enjoy working on their own initiative but as part of a dedicated team.
Interviews will be held W/C 13/02/2020 .
Want to ask us a question about this job? Then e-mail Dean Potts at email@example.com