At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK and a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations. We’ve over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Strategic Asset Management Lead
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Package: Total package up to £62,952 (dependent on experience)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th of January 2020
Interview date: 12th & 13th of February 2020
Overview- Strategic Asset Management Lead
This role has a significant impact on the financial performance of our large and diverse property portfolio.
To lead the continues development of our Optivo’s Active Asset Management methodology which measures asset performance based on a range of sophisticated, robust and flexible financial and non-financial criterion.
Responsible for developing analytics for complex databases and to provide insight into current performance issues and future performance trends.
To identify and implement measures that enhance overall portfolio value, improve portfolio performance and financial efficiency by reducing in-management costs and maximising the impact of investment.
To lead our programme of portfolio rationalisation through asset swaps, transfers and disposals, which is a key success factor for the business to achieve our wider strategic goals.
- Educated to degree level within property, data and financial environment.
- Expert knowledge of social housing sector, business planning, asset management activities within a social housing context.
- Advanced understating of the principles of Active Asset Management, including measuring of asset performance based on a wide range of financial and non-financial criteria.
- Proven track record of experience of developing and maintaining information systems to measure asset performance
- Broad understanding of financial reports, especially management accounts and business plans
- Experience of devising, developing and implementing bespoke asset performance appraisal models, including a disposals programme that maximised financial returns.
- Excellent working knowledge of VBA, SQL and Excel
- High level of understanding of financial reports, especially management accounts and business plans, having regard for capital and revenue funding streams.
- Apply in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations; uses expertise to drive improvements in own function and delivers significant financial benefits.
- Proven experience of effectively analysing large and complex data sets and producing high level reports on a variety of formats to inform and influence strategy.
- Knowledge and experience of working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to deliver improved services and performance
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to understand and analyse/evaluate complex issues and develop appropriate strategies
- Effective management of relationships with colleagues and partners
- Effective networking skills
- Excellent IT skills including databases and spreadsheet
- Excellent modelling skills and model discipline
- Proven track record of manipulating and analysing large amounts of data
- High level of critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Highly skilled at communicating complex financial issues to management and non-financial colleagues using excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with tenants, external agencies and tenants’ associations, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent Communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
- Data analysis skills to assist in the preparation of historical analysis to support investment decisions
What’s in it for you?
• Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
• Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
• Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
• Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
• Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
• Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
• Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
• Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
• Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
• Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
• Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
• Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information on the required skills & abilities, please download the JD attached)
If you have any question or would like to arrange an informal and confidential conversation please contact email@example.com