We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people, not profit, in mind, building homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job Title: Asset Programme Manager
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 36 hours a week, full time
Package: Total package up to £59,120 (dependent on experience)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 30th of January 2020
Interview date: 12th & 13th of February 2020
Overview- Asset Programme Manager
To assist the Head of Strategic Asset Management in the delivery of the Asset Management Strategy in making the best use of our property assets and providing sector leading asset management services through the management of an accurate and robust stock data collection and analysis programme.
Creates an annual investment programme of up to £50 million. Monitors the effectiveness of operational measures to deliver the programme on time and in budget. Provides a strategic steer and focus on areas of investment and divestment working with other departments across the business.
- A proven track record of working with a variety of complex dataset and producing high level asset investment programmes based on a range of criterion
- Detailed knowledge of Decent Homes requirements, including energy performance requirements and other relevant legislation and/or Codes of Practice i.e. Construction, Building Regulations, Disabled Access, CDM and all other Health & Safety/Compliance Regulations
- Demonstrable experience to lead, motivate and supervise a team of surveyors in the successful delivery of a comprehensive programme of stock surveys
- Demonstrable experience of analysing data, auditing and reconciling data from various sources
- Experience of maintaining and analysing stock data within the Apex asset database
- Experience of producing statistical and performance reports and work programmes from an asset database
- Experience of working in a customer focused service
- Knowledge and experience of working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to deliver improved services and performance
- Good understanding of value for money principles
- Qualified to Degree Level, MCIOB or ARICS
- Formal technical qualification in building construction or surveying i.e. HNC or equivalent
Skills & Abilities
- Good IT skills including ability to use Asset databases, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Numerate, with good analytical skills
- GIS mapping experience an advantage
- Good understanding of value for money principles
- Has a calm and professional manner coupled with a strong customer service focus
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to produce good quality written technical reports
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with tenants, external agencies and tenants’ associations, both verbally and in writing
- Able to analyse data and other information, and to produce programme or performance reports
- Able to write accurate correspondence and reports
- Able to prioritise to achieve realistic targets and time deadlines
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving with emphasis on fast, practical solutions
- Able to show an understanding of, and commitment to, high standards in: resident involvement, equal opportunities and customer care
- Able to innovate by both conceiving and implementing new services or improvements to existing services
What’s in it for you?
• Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
• Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
• Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
• Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
• Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
• Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
• Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
• Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
• Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
• Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
• Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
• Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information on the required skills & abilities, please download the JD attached)
If you have any question or would like to arrange an informal and confidential conversation please contact email@example.com