Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents firstAbout the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Child Care Lawyer to join our busy, innovative and dynamic Legal Department, which is committed to providing high-quality, client focused legal services.About the person
You will be a qualified solicitor, barrister or ILEX with excellent knowledge of the law and practice relating to child protection and related matters. You will have strong advocacy skills and a proven track record of advising and managing complex issues pertaining to children, including adoption and judicial review.
We are looking for a team player who is good at building successful relationships with clients and using their own initiative to help safeguard some of our most vulnerable residents.
In exchange, the service offers a range of interesting and rewarding work with opportunities for career development.Additional information
Interviews will take place end of January/beginning of February 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer &
Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy Additional Information continued