Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
Hillingdon Council is offering 'an exciting opportunity to earn while you learn'
We are seeking enthusiastic and dynamic applicants for a Stores (Warehouse Operative) Apprenticeship - 12 Months Fixed TermAbout the Apprenticeship
Step on the Career LadderBecome an Apprentice - Get In, Go Far!
At Hillingdon Council, we recognise that there are many paths to a career in the public sector and we are eager to develop your skills and guide you through to the next level.
Our program invites you to bring your unique skills and experience to our organisation, and promises to challenge you. No two days at Hillingdon are the same, and you will complete your apprenticeship with the confidence to tackle any role.
Gain the experience and qualifications sought by future employers and move your CV to the top of the pile.
As an Apprentice you will receive on-the-job training, gaining the experience and technical skills required to stand out from the crowd.
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship program. Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we will want to hear from you.Entry Requirements
This Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Program is an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within the sector. You will have the opportunity to achieve a Level 2 certificate in Warehousing and Storage and also complete Level 1 or Level 2 English and Maths.
An equivalent orhigher level qualification in the same professional area cannot be held
For more information, pleasesee attachments.Additional information
Our current vacancy for a Stores Apprentice offers an annual salary of £9,783 and a generous holiday allowance.
If you’re ready to make your next move, apply now!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer &
Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy