Empower Learning Academy Trust
THE BRITTONS ACADEMY
Essex RM13 7BB
Principal: Mr Will Thompson
A New Chapter
Vacancy: Head of Department Computer Science/ICT
Salary: Main Scale/UPS plus
Full time or Part time 0.6 FTE
Required for April 2020
The Brittons Academy wish to appoint a strong, creative leader to lead the Computer Science/ICT department into the next phase of its journey. We are looking to appoint an ambitious leader with a passion for learning, to ensure all students achieve or exceed their potential, securing outstanding outcomes for the department.
The School is on a journey of rapid improvement and the Computer Science/ICT department is an integral part of this. The successful candidate should have the ability to bring enthusiasm and creativity to the department.
The Brittons Academy is part of the Empower Learning Academy Trust.
The Brittons Academy will offer you:
- The chance to work and develop in a rapidly improving school.
- Enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn.
- Supportive and friendly staff.
- Opportunities to engage with our work as a National Teaching School.
- Opportunities to contribute to our work as a new Academy Sponsor.
- Opportunity for further future leadership responsibilities.
- High quality professional development.
Deadline for applications:
Please forward your completed application to Mrs D Grix, firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on Monday 27th January 2020. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 27th January 2020.
For further information, please contact Mrs Debbie Grix, HR Business Partner on 01708 730244.
Informal visits to the Department are very welcome by appointment.
The Brittons Academy is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
The Brittons Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer