Location: Walderslade Primary School 1 day, Rivermead School 2 days, Hoo st Werburgh primary school and Marlborough centre 2 days.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Rivermead Inclusive Trust for an exceptional ICT Support Technician. This committed individual will have a pivotal role within the trust. We are seeking a person with energy, enthusiasm and experience to fulfil a key role in supporting the schools and Trust for the ongoing development and growth. This role will be for 1 day at Walderslade Primary School, 2 days at Rivermead School and 2 Days at Hoo St Werburgh primary school and Marlborough centre within the Trust under the guidance of our Network Manager.
The ICT Technician should be familiar with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- To assist the Network Manager in the provision and development of ICT throughout the schools
- To assist the Network Manager in the management of the website, intranet and social media content
- To provide first line support for pupils and staff
- To maintain ICT equipment: e.g. Desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, interactive whiteboards and touchscreen displays, projectors, printers, network and wireless equipment, smartphones
- To install, update and upgrade software
- To assist with network upgrades (provisioning, setting up wired and wireless hardware)
- To provide technical support for teachers and pupils in lessons and other activities (assemblies, after school clubs etc.).
- To support the use of Cloud applications (e.g. Office 365, Firefly VLE)
- To support the use of specialist applications
- To maintain general ICT helpdesk support
- To maintain the Asset Register (both Hardware and Software)
- To maintain and issue consumables stock and provide user support, when necessary
- To be available to cover for the Network Manager in his absence and to deal with ICT problems when required
- To attend and provide technical support at school events beyond agreed hours where deemed appropriate
- To assist with the technical aspects of school productions (sound, light, projection etc.)
- To prepare old equipment for recycling (e.g. gathering, documenting, wiping HDDs)
The ICT Technician will:
- Be familiar with a range of ICT technologies (including networking) and applications, and specifically the Microsoft desktop and server operating systems and Office applications
- Be familiar with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS & DHCP
- Have previous experience of Apple products - desirable but not essential
- Have previous experience of the Android operating system - desirable but not essential
- Be a good communicator
- Be punctual, trustworthy and honest
- Be flexible and enthusiastic, and be able to work and communicate with a wide range of people
- Be able to work as part of a team, but be prepared to operate independently if and when required
You should be enthusiastic, motivated and able to manage around workload. You must be flexible, approachable and able to communicate with the range of professionals, staff and young people themselves whilst also having a zest for life.
For further details, including the job description and full person specification please contact Mrs Deborah Stammers: on 01634 961080 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application form.
Closing Date: 4th February 2020 noon
Interviews: week beginning 10th February 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All postholders are subject to enhanced DBS checks