The Financial Assessment and Benefits Team (FAB Team) are looking for enthusiastic individual to join the team and complete financial assessments and offer welfare benefits advice and assistance.
As an Entitlement and Assessment Officer in the FAB Team, you will be telephoning and visiting Adult Social Care service users (or their representatives) to explain our charging policies, collect personal financial information, calculate weekly charges for care services and offer welfare benefits advice.
This will include assisting service users with benefit claims and following-up on benefit applications, working closely with the Department for Work and Pensions. You will be advising on the financial assessment process for people receiving care and support at home or in a care home, and resolving service user queries relating to financial assessments.
This is an exciting time to be working in the FAB Team. You will contribute towards meeting team deadlines and targets and have the opportunity to work closely with other services within the Council and with external organisations.
Would you like to help some of our most vulnerable Adult Social Care service users maximise their welfare benefit income?
Would you like to help the Council maximise its income?
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. As you will be dealing with financial information you must be numerate and be able to learn, interpret and apply rules, some of which may be complex.
You must have experience of working with customers face-to-face, ideally within a social care environment. You must have knowledge of welfare benefits and be computer literate.
Benefits available to RBC employees include:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Tracey Maskell on 0118 937 3557 or email email@example.com.