Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Collections Officer, based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £34,000 per annum.
As our Collections Officer your role is key in embedding a customer first culture that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. You will be the first point of contact for effectively managing tenant arrears with a strong focus on income collection maximisation and customer relations.
Responsibilities of our Collections Officer include:
- Maximise all revenue streams to improve income collection rates and minimise the levels of debt.
- Actively promote to tenants the range of payment methods available and signpost them to the relevant financial or other support available.
- Provide advice and information to tenants in respect of interventions for managing arrears and welfare benefit entitlements.
- Keep abreast of all appropriate welfare reform, benefit and revenue related changes in legislation.
- Develop a good working relationship with Local Authority Housing Benefit Departments or Universal Credit partnerships and liaise with Housing Benefit/DWP’s and other support agencies to manage debt.
- Assist vulnerable residents to sustain their tenancies and address rent payment breaches, including liaison with support networks, reporting and signposting adults that have been identified as having support or other needs to the appropriate services.
- Prepare and submit applications to the County Court or First Tier Tribunals in relation to breaches or arrears, seeking and enforcing judgement.
- Carry out evictions where possession has been obtained, including arranging for properties to be secured.
- Manage and respond to enquiries and complaints from tenants and elected members concerning the provision of services.
- Ensure that all files and records are updated using the appropriate corporate systems and to use information technology as necessary, for monitoring, record keeping and statistical analysis purposes.
- Use initiative to contribute towards the collective output of the team, in order to meet all statutory or other deadlines.
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and other service providers.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
- Investigate Housing Benefit Overpayment claims.
- Raise invoices rent/service charges and liaise with Tenant Appointees for payment.
- Review and process credit refunds and adjustments, liaise with rent accounting section as appropriate on accounting matters.
What we’re looking for in our Collections Officer:
- Experience of providing rent arrears management and a good understanding of complex arrears issues and legislation affecting this, including the litigation process.
- Understanding of legal proceedings for rent arrears.
- Excellent communication skills to work with tenants, management, staff and other stakeholders to high levels of satisfaction.
- Experience in effectively engaging and influencing a wide customer base, including engaging with vulnerable customers and those that have perceptions of Peabody Service failure
- Demonstrably show experience in successfully operating in a complex and changing operating environment
- Working knowledge of modern Collection IT systems and experience in influencing how these can be made more effective or efficient.
- GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent
Closing date: 27th January 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Collections Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST