- Do you want to be part of an essential public service; assisting people at some of the most important moments in their lives?
- Could you develop our celebratory and ceremonial services?
- Are you seeking a role where your drive, creativity, and innovation could have real impact?
If you answered yes, we want to hear from you!
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our high-performing team. Working across Wandsworth and Register Offices, you will have a key role in the management team, with a focus on identifying business opportunities, driving customer service improvement, maximising income and developing the service.
Who we are:
We are responsible for the registration of births and deaths, marriage and civil partnership preliminaries and ceremonies, citizenship ceremonies and non-statutory celebratory services.
We are a friendly, supportive and dedicated team delivering a consistently high-quality professional service in accordance with registration law.
We aim to continuously develop the service to meet the needs of our customers and residents.
Work collaboratively to achieve the highest quality and most cost-effective service in accordance with the Council’s policies and statutory requirements.
- Develop and implement a commercial business strategy.
- Lead on marketing, social media, brand and website development.
- Deliver our customer engagement strategy.
- Promote and expand our ceremonies business and increase our market share.
- Lead on Citizenship, partnership-working, and developing commercial opportunities.
- A highly motivated self-starter who will use their initiative and creativity to develop the service and their role.
- An effective manager, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- With experience of managing projects and marketing a service to deliver results.
- As part of the Shared Staffing Arrangement with Wandsworth Council you must be willing and able to work across both boroughs if required.
You will be encouraged to use the full range of your talents in this rewarding and varied role. In return you will be fully supported in your professional development.
How to apply?
You will find the Job Profile (Person Specification) at the end of this page.
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet each requirement of this role (knowledge, experience, skills and qualifications). Please note, we are unable to consider incomplete applications with generic supporting statements.
If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Why choose us?
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance including a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Sunday 2nd February 2020
Shortlisting Date: Week Commencing 3rd February 2020
Interview Date: Friday 14th February 2020
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.