At West Berkshire Reablement Service we provide successful, person focused short term support to adults within their homes in order to minimise their care needs and maximise their independence.
We are looking for an experienced Care professional to join our team of four coordinators. You must be motivated, reliable, dependable, self-confident and able to work autonomously and above all, committed to representing the Reablement ethos. You will need to be a problem solver and be able to think on your feet and have experience in scheduling/rostering, preferably in a domiciliary environment.
This is an opportunity to make good use of your transferable skills and your desire to deliver a high quality service. Geographical knowledge of the West Berkshire area would be an advantage.
You will need to be computer literate and able to confidently navigate the Microsoft office suite, in particular, Outlook and Word. Experience of data base management would be an advantage.
You should be a good communicator as you will be liaising with people’s family members, emergency services and other health and social care professionals.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- oversee the co-ordination of the service in terms of direct management of a team of Reablement staff and their work patterns whilst they are on shift
- carrying out face to face supervision meetings, annual appraisals, absence management processes and general performance management matters
- reacting to and promptly resolving problems that may arise daily to minimise the impact on our service delivery to people we are supporting.
- updating and recording information from our service users and Reablement staff on our Coldharbour data base system – for which training will be available.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- If successful we can offer a 27 hour week contract which attracts the equivalent of 145 hours annual leave per annum
- Subsidised parking
- An agreed mileage payment whilst on WBC business
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We are dedicated to the training, career growth and development of our team members. We could support you to obtain an appropriate management qualification.
- Staff employed within the wider service team have progressed to new roles such as Social Care Practitioner, Nurses, Paramedics and Registered Managers of their own services.
- The opportunity for you to work for a successful service with an excellent reputation where the Care Quality Commission have inspected and found us to be classified as GOOD in all 5 areas of our service.
WHAT WOULD MY WORK PATTERN LOOK LIKE?
Your working week of 27 hours could be spread over 4 or 5 days, however, Thursday working is a prime requirement.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT?
If you think this position could be the one for you then you could do the following:
- Phone us on 01635 503503 and ask for Lynda Davison or Anna Short if you would like to have more information about the role, or perhaps come and meet the team
- Log onto Jobs Go Public and complete an application form using the link below