Salary: £27,228 to £29,741 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, Fixed term until March 2021
We have a great opportunity for someone with HR administrative experience and knowledge to join our friendly and supportive team.
As part of our HR business support team, you will be engaging with our new recruits daily to efficiently complete their on-boarding process. You will also provide our employees and managers with professional HR support. The passion to provide an excellent level of service is key and great communication skills are essential. The team works closely with the HR advisory and Recruitment teams and you will enjoy working collaboratively within the HR Service.
We are looking for someone with recent relevant HR administrative experience including:
- Actioning pre-employment clearances including references, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and right to work checks.
- Completing contracts of employment and payroll.
- Providing the first point of contract for general HR queries, for more complex HR matters you will have our HR Advisors to refer to.
You must have strong IT skills and the ability to quickly learn, and efficiently use, new systems. SAP experience is desirable. Attention to detail, accuracy and flexibility while managing your work in a fast paced environment is required for success in the role.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date- Midnight, 28 January 2020
Please note, if a very large number of applications for the post are submitted, we may close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Interview Date- Interviews are planned to be held w/c 3rd or w/c 10th February.Additional Information
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or Oley.firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Andrea Walkerdine on 020 8132 1022 for an informal discussion.