Temporary Vacancy - Teaching Assistant with SN: AAAD5027
Grade: 4 £14,980 - £15,586 pro rata. Hours; 35.0 hrs. per week, term time plus 1 week.
The Governors of The Acorns and Whitley Village Federated Schools wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work at The Acorns Primary and Nursery School. Start Date 16th March 2020 (or soon after).
The post is temporary subject to relevant funding.
We are looking for someone with experience of SEND, particularly children with SEMH needs, who:
- Has specific training and/or qualifications in SEMH
- Has experience of successfully supporting pupils with SEMH
- Can take the initiative when supporting the planning, delivery and assessment of learning tasks
- Demonstrates creative flair to make learning memorable, enjoyable and purposeful
- Sets high expectations of behaviour and learning
- Reflects on own practice and is keen to develop further
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Can be a team player and thrive on the challenges of working in a fully inclusive school
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 3rd February 2020. Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 11th February 2020.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, these will take place on Thursday 23rd January at 10am Friday 24th January at 4 pm and Thursday 30th January at 9am. Please call the school office to book a place.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form including a letter of application in the Application Questions section (letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4), stating how you meet the criteria for the position, with evidence to support this, and why you feel you would be an appropriate candidate to take on the role.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.