Temporary Vacancy- EYFS/KS1Teaching Assistant with SN: AAAD 5027
Grade: 4 £14,980 - £15,586 pro rata. Hours; 35.0 hrs. per week, term time plus 1 week.
The Governors of The Acorns and Whitley Village Federated Schools wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work at The Acorns Primary and Nursery School to cover a Maternity Leave. The post is expected to start on 16th March 2020 (or soon after) and be temporary for 1 year in the first instance.
We are looking for someone with experience of Early Years/KS1 who can
- Demonstrate experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Take the initiative when supporting the planning, delivery and assessment of learning tasks
- Undertake regular observations and contribute to the delivery of the children’s learning under the direction of the teacher
- Demonstrate a commitment to raising standards
- Demonstrate creative flair to make learning memorable, enjoyable and purposeful.
- Show a clear understanding of continuous and enhanced provision.
- Set high expectations of behaviour and learning for all
- Reflect on own practice and be keen to develop further
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a team player and thrive on the challenges of working in a fully inclusive school.
The closing date for applications is noon on Monday 3rd February 2020. Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Thursday 6th February 2020.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, these will take place on Thursday 23rd January at 10am, Friday 24th January at 4.00pm and Thursday 30th January at 9am. Please call the school office to book a place.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form including a letter of application in the Application Questions section (letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4), stating how you meet the criteria for the position, with evidence to support this, and why you feel you would be an appropriate candidate to take on the role.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure.