New Directions College is Reading Borough Council’s Community Learning and Skills service. This year we’re celebrating 61 years of Adult Learning in Reading.
We’re a small friendly team with an ambitious plan for the future. At New Directions we pride ourselves on not turning people away and helping individuals progress on their journey whatever their personal goals. Ofsted judged the service as ‘Good’ in 2011, 2015 and 2019.
We’re seeking a talented and driven individual to help us drive forward growth of our Apprenticeship and Vocational Education learning offer.
We have been delivering Apprenticeships since the introduction of the employer Levy in 2017 and were recently accepted on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers as a main route provider, we are looking for a skilled Manager with vision and the skills to grow the department.
You will ideally have experience within the post compulsory education sector and of delivering or managing Apprenticeship standards and a range of vocational studies.
You need to have a good working knowledge of ESFA funding rules and regulations and will demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay.
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities.
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop.
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work.
For more information on the role please contract Andrea Wood, Deputy Principal at email@example.com or call 0118 937 4053.