Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Project Director, based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £85,000 - £100,000 per annum.
As our Project Director you will lead a dedicated project team on the masterplanning, design and delivery of an exciting landmark development site in East London that we are in the closing stages of acquiring.
Responsibilities of our Project Director include:
- Raise the profile and represent the interests of the Group with a wide range of external stakeholders;
- Lead and promote cross functional working between Departments across the Group;
- Ensure that all project activities comply with governance risk and regulation and that services are delivered to required standards in line with regulatory and legal requirements;
- Ensure that there is a learning culture which is open, honest and learns from mistakes, complaints and other feedback;
- Take overall responsibility for the management of the project budget and for effective business planning;
- Deliver performance in line with key financial and non-financial objectives within agreed constraints for capital, costs, expenses and risk;
- Ensure the Group’s core policies relating to codes of conduct, diversity, customer care, people management and health and safety are fully implemented throughout the project;
- Ensure that Group control procedures are followed;
- Ensure effective management of the project team through succession planning and the development and coaching of direct reports, setting challenging objectives and conducting regular reviews to monitor progress and achievement of targets
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image;
- For the data under your ownership, ensure it is collected, managed and protected to the highest standards, meeting all legal & regulatory requirements, with data quality embedded and responsibilities clearly defined and communicated. Ensuring your team is equipped with the right training, tools, systems & support to fulfil their responsibilities and use data in the most effective way;
What we’re looking for in our Project Director:
- Demonstrable experience of managing large scale multi-phase, housing-led projects from pre-planning stages through to construction delivery is essential;
- Substantial experience in leading the development of strategic masterplans and planning frameworks through to outline/hybrid planning consent is desirable;
- Experience of complex remediation and de-contamination projects desirable but not essential;
- Substantial knowledge of project funding strategies, including procurement of external debt and equity streams is desirable;
- Detailed understanding of construction contracts and public sector procurement preferred;
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally;
- Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills;
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Leaders, peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders;
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change;
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management;
- A commitment to continuing professional development;
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, APM or equivalent is preferred.
Closing date: 31st January 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Project Director, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST