Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager, based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract in return you will receive a competitive salary of £55,000 per annum.
As our Senior Project Manager you will manage a variety of change projects across multiple stakeholder groups, ensuring that the full requirements of business areas are understood well and that projects are developed, coordinated and delivered successfully. You will have responsibility for planning and tracking project delivery and timelines, along with working with the business to create the right environment where teams are ready for change, and it is embedded well to achieve the full potential value.
Responsibilities of our Senior Project Manager include:
- Lead a team of Project Managers, guiding and supporting them in the successful delivery of change.
- Take a lead role in working closely with relevant stakeholders to understand their needs, and to develop projects that meet desired outcomes. Ensuring risks and issues are effectively managed, eliminating bottlenecks to successful delivery.
- Take a lead role in working with operational managers aiming to embed changes within the business. Identifying and understanding with them what changes in processes, procedures and practices are needed to achieve change and deliver the planned benefits.
- Problem-solving and providing advice to Project Boards and appropriate interventions when required or when projects are struggling with delivery.
- Identify resources, set up and lead a project team to manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project. This includes the identification and support of any business users in the organisation during the delivery of projects.
- Create and deliver project work plans, communication plans and business readiness activities, remaining flexible to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Follow the project lifecycle and governance as set by the organisation and to ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored
- Ensure that business stability is maintained during transition and that the changes are effectively embedded into the organisation
- Appraise delivery and project outcomes in order to improve project and change management processes. Ensure project outcomes are sustainable with consistent stakeholder buy-in to support change being embedded
- Ensure compliance and adherence to corporate practices and current applicable procurement and other relevant legislation to assure compliance and best practice methods are adhered to.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Project Manager:
- Experience with a varied scale of organisational change effort, both strategic and operational
- Experience and knowledge of project and change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Clear knowledge of effective performance and resource management, and understanding principles for how to get the best out of people
- Good knowledge and experience of different project management methodologies, tools and techniques and when/how to best apply them
- Strong customer focus, displaying an understanding of what excellent internal and external customer service entails and delivering excellent customer care
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness, a robust understanding of the financial implications of change and business case preparation.
- An ability to critically analyse opportunities and create innovative solutions to suit future business needs.
- A-level or equivalent formal education
- Certification in areas of project management or change management
Closing date: 28th January 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Senior Project Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST