Local Authority Continuing Health and s117 Care Case Officer (Adults/Children)
Grade 7 - £28,785 – £32,029
Permanent Post - 37 hours per week
Wokingham has an established Continuing Healthcare and S117 support service for adults and children’s, ensuring that individuals with complex health care needs are identified and supported appropriately.
So that we can to continue to meet the demands of this successful service we are looking for a dynamic person to join the team.
The successful candidate will report to the team manager and will help to:
• Identifying appropriate candidates for Continuing Health Care (CHC) and complete referrals
• Provide support to practitioners with s117 (Mental Health Act) aftercare applications
• Review existing s117 customers and complete applications for shared funding
• Working across multi-agency services and teams ( social care, mental health services and NHS staff)
Above all else you will have good negotiation and analytical skills, be sensitive to the needs of others and have the emotional resilience to understand and work with client’s who have complex health and social care needs.
Ideally you will also have knowledge of Adult Social Care and associated legislation, knowledge of the National Framework for NHS CHC funding for Adults, Children and Young people. Ideally you will have some knowledge of the Mental Health Act and the local S117 funding process and be able to work collaboratively with health colleagues.
In return you will receive:
• A full induction program with quality support and supervision
• Opportunities to enhance existing skills and develop new ones
• Up to 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Excellent defined benefit pension scheme
As part of your application, you are required to complete the DBS Additional Job Application Data document attached to this vacancy. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Closing date: 7th February 2020
Interview date: to be advised.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710301
wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.