Lead Building Surveyor
Asset Management and Property Services (AMPS)
Hours: 36hrs per week (open to a discussion on part-time working)
Salary: £43,239 - £47,414 PA
- Are you an experienced Building Surveying team leader looking for a new challenge?
- Do you want a role which will allow you to contribute positively to your community and help a range of people with different needs?
- Come and join us! Together we can help Elmbridge thrive.
Elmbridge’s Asset Management and Property Services team is recruiting, and we need experienced, committed and pragmatic people to help us make a difference in Elmbridge; we need you!
Join our leading Asset Management and Property Services team where you will use your building and maintenance surveying expertise to enhance the team’s service and delivery.
The work is varied, for example you will be,
- leading the reactive and planned building surveying team and ensuring building compliance,
- providing a range of building surveying advice including inspections, surveys, defect analysis and feasibility studies,
- liaising with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure projects are properly co-ordinated and executed on time and to budget,
- and working to increasing the energy efficiency of our property assets through a sustainable strategy of building maintenance.
You will join a hard working team focused on maintaining excellent levels of customer care.
- Providing reactive and planned maintenance, along with ensuring statutory compliance throughout our property portfolio.
- Managing capital and revenue projects including refurbishment of our Civic Centre, Community Centres, car parks and public halls.
As well as having 5+ years’ experience and working knowledge of drawing software, you will have experience of,
- defect diagnosis and identifying repair solutions
- procurement processes
- managing project budgets, cost analysis and cost reporting.
You will be equally comfortable working independently as in a team, as well as being,
- committed to quality service
- experienced in dealing with a high workload and the ability to prioritise different tasks
- and appreciative of the value of clear and timely communications.
We know we ask a lot, but the good news is that we give a lot too.
- Flexibility: And we really mean it! We know you have to juggle work and life commitments and we are happy and open to discussing the right mix for you.
- Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to lunchtime table tennis – the options are there for you.
- Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
We encourage you to read more on us and if you have any queries please give us a call.
If you would like to talk to us about the role, please give Simon Morris or Alex Williams 01372 474224 a call. We are open to discussions on part-time and flexible working.
What are you waiting for?
Closing date: Monday 10 February at 12noon.