Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Teacher of English – Maternity Cover Required from Easter 2020 - Monday 20th April for a year in the first instance.
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1440 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2019 was +0.66 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression.
- Last summer (2019) 81% of our 268 students gained grade 5 or above in either English language or literature meaning our English element progress 8 figure was +0.82. In English Literature 33% achieved grades 7-9.
- An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
- An outstanding NQT and RQT induction and staff development programme.
- A professional environment that is focused on supporting staff wellbeing by having manageable teaching contact time, meeting cycles and assessment, recording and reporting expectations.
You will need:
- Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on academic stretch and challenge.
- The desire to improve this subject knowledge as well as your teaching through working collaboratively within a subject team.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive education.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
For application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, on 0208 471 2418.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application Deadline: 09.00 Tuesday 4th February 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 12th February 2020