The RJ Mitchell Primary School
Essex RM12 5PP
Tel. No: 01708 551684
Head Teacher: Mr Barry Read
Mathematics Lead/Key Stage 2 Class Teacher
Hours: 32.5 hours a week
Salary: Mainscale plus TLR
Start Date: April 2020
The RJ Mitchell Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly committed, hard-working Mathematics Lead and KS2 teacher who is keen to contribute to the ongoing success of our inclusive and friendly school.
Opportunities for our pupils to develop leadership and enterprise skills, along with sporting and more creative talents are provided as part of a rich varied curriculum. This contributes to the continued high academic achievement of our children and in producing happy, well-rounded individuals who excel in many different areas.
If you are ambitious for a career in leadership and management then the school can provide opportunities for development in this area. The successful candidate will lead and drive forward the school’s mathematics programme, working closely with the headteacher. If this is an area of the curriculum you feel you can make your own then this role is for you.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Can demonstrate excellent classroom teaching and learning with high expectations of pupil attainment
- Is committed to providing the best educational opportunities for every child
- Is able to engage, motivate and challenge pupils
- Is well organised
- Has good interpersonal skills and enjoys being part of a team
- Can demonstrate a willingness to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- Is passionate about teaching, enjoys their work, has a good sense of humour and is open and flexible to new ideas
The R J Mitchell Primary School is able to offer:
- Opportunities for high quality CPD, tailored specifically to individual’s needs
- A robust programme of leadership development to prepare individuals for future leadership and management opportunities at the school
- High quality mentoring opportunities at the school
- The opportunity to work with a dedicated team of professions
- Supportive parents
- Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved and friendly pupils
Visitors to our school comment on the friendly, warm atmosphere and are quick to see that the children are well behaved and motivated learners.
If you think that you have the drive, enthusiasm and skills necessary to fit into our school then please apply online.
Please visit our school website at www.rjmitchellprimaryschool.com to find out more about us.
Closing dates for applications: Friday 7 February 2020
Interviews to be held on: Friday 13 February 2020
Tours of the school are welcomed and are very much encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01708 551684.
The RJ Mitchell Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal records check via the DBS.