Neighbourhood Services Officer
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and committed applicant to provide an excellent service to our residents whilst helping to maintain our properties to the highest standard.
We're looking for highly motivated individual as a Neighbourhood Services Officer to help deliver our excellent estate services to residents in schemes working from our office in Sittingbourne Kent.
If you joined your duties will include:
- Ensuring the health & safety inspection programmes for communal areas, play areas and estates are actioned & correctly recorded
- Providing a general caretaking and repairs service to communal areas, neighbourhoods, empty homes, and individual residents
- Clearance and minor repairs of empty homes, including support and guidance of the HMPS working out placements
- Ensuring contractors are working safely and complying with all relevant Health & Safety
- Quality checking of works and invoices.
- An ability to identify and resolve common housing maintenance problems
- A recognised trade or relevant experience
- Experience of repair, grounds maintenance, cleaning contracts or similar
- An understanding of relevant Health & Safety matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be self-motivated
- A methodical and well organised approach to prioritising a busy workload
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Class 2 HGV licence preferred and/or tanker experience
You'll work with a range of residents and colleagues, so a positive approach to team working is essential. You’ll have access to a company manual driven vehicle so will need a full UK driving licence.
This post will need a DBS check.
Interview Date: Thursday 20th February 2020
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
(For more information on the required skills & abilities, please download the JD attached)