Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Curriculum Leader for English
TLR 1C (inner London currently £11,787)
Required for Easter 2020 - to start on Monday 20th April 2020
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding 11 - 16 girls’ comprehensive school of 1,440 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2019 was +0.66 and places us in the top 5% of schools nationally. We were delighted by our students’ 2019 English results as 81% of our 268 students gained grade 5 or above in either English language or literature meaning our English element progress 8 figure was +0.82. In English Literature 33% achieved grades 7-9.
- A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results.
- An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment rated thus by Ofsted since 1999.
- A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as expert subject specialist teachers are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
- A personalised staff development programme.
- A professional environment that is focused on maintaining staff wellbeing supported by manageable teaching contact time, meeting cycles and assessment, recording and reporting expectations. For example, the post holder would teacher 33 one-hour lessons per fortnight, which is a 66% contact ratio.
You will need:
- Excellent subject knowledge and skills as well as the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on academic stretch and challenge.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- An unerring commitment to comprehensive education.
- The drive to improve your own understanding of English as well as your teaching of it.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, on 0208 471 2418.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application Deadline: 09.00 Wednesday 12th February 2020
Interviews: Monday 24th February 2020