Salary: London: £40,165 plus car allowance
As a Compliance Surveyor you will ensure the safety of Optivo's residents and staff. You will do this by carrying out compliance related property inspections covering our whole stock portfolio. In addition, you will undertake a variety of on-site and office based activities that help support the delivery of our Asset Compliance Management Plans. Working in a collaborative manner with other teams, you will support the Compliance Managers and Compliance Officers in any other activity to ensure the maintenance and improvement of our compliance systems.
Your main duties will be:
- To carry out inspections of previously identified asbestos containing materials. To check the current condition of the materials and identify any deterioration. To ensure you arrange suitable remedial works as necessary
- Undertake site visits relating to compliance areas including, but not restricted to, water safety, lift safety, fire safety, gas safety, electrical safety, car park barriers, fall arrest equipment, lightning conductors, emergency lighting, AOV’s, etc.
- To ensure that you prioritize the management actions arising out of the inspections, and ensure you clearly describe and capture them as necessary
- Post-inspect completed works to ensure quality and standard of what contractors have executed
- Provide advice to managers and staff to assist them in the fulfilment of their compliance responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of building related compliance
- Hold a current BOHS P402 Asbestos Surveying and Sampling qualification
- Experience of working in a surveying, maintenance or stock reinvestment environment
In addition you’ll be:
- A calm and professional manner coupled with a strong customer service focus
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing with the ability to produce good quality written technical reports
- Able to priorities to achieve realistic targets and time deadlines
- Pragmatic, creative approach to problem solving with emphasis on fast, practical solutions
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination– You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
For Additional information, please download the full JD attached. If the role sounds of interest and you would like to arrange an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Optivo or the role, please contact TalentAcquisition@optivo.org.uk