Grade: Scale 3 (Clerk); Scale 5 (Senior)
Hours per week: 3
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: As soon as possible following interview
Closing date: 27 February
Interview date: To be confirmed
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Bankside, Brighton, BN1 5GN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294900
The governors of Westdene School wish to appoint a highly motivated Clerk or Senior Clerk to the Governors (depending on experience) as soon as possible.
- Support the governing body by servicing full governing body and other designated committee meetings.
- Provide advice on procedural and constitutional matters.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the effective operation of the governing body.
- Offer flexibility in relation to the position.
If so, you may be just the person we are looking for to join our team.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to work as part of a dedicated, friendly and supportive team.
- Supportive parents and governors.
- Excellent professional development opportunities.
- An environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.