London Borough of Waltham Forest
WF Traded Services
Waltham Forest Catering
School Meals Service
PO2: £32,307 - £34,935p.a. (inclusive) plus car mileage
36 hrs per week
Are you an experienced multi-site front-line catering manager with school meals experience? Are you able to lead and motivate a team to deliver excellent quality, freshly cooked school meals and help develop and grow our business?
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, enthusiastic Area Catering Managers to join our progressive school meals team. You must be a catering professional, able to work on your own initiative and:
- Lead, motivate and develop the catering team to consistently deliver an excellent school meals service
- Have recent experience of managing a multi-site school meals service
- Be creative in planning menus and developing recipes to meet strict School Food Standards, nutritional guidelines and Food for Life Catering Mark Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, interacting well with a variety of people, including children & young people, headteachers, parents, school governors and catering staff
- Have experience of managing client relations and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage income, profitability, food, labour and other costs within agreed budgets
- Be innovative in developing new income opportunities to increase sales
- Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Standards, Food Safety, HACCP and Food Information Regulations, and their practical application in school meals
- Have excellent craft skills and hold a relevant craft catering qualification
- Have experience of kitchen planning and good knowledge of current and new equipment
- Be fully committed to working and contributing as part of a team to achieve excellent outcomes and continuous improvement
- Be IT proficient
For an application form and further details please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs
This post is subject to vetting and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and medical.
Add the paragraph on safeguarding and equal opportunities
All other relevant information will be taken from the recruitment request form.