Part time 18.5 hours over 4 days preferred but could be flexible
RG3 (SCP 5- 7) Actual Salary: £9,397.50 - £9,777 FTE: £18,795 - £19,554
You will be a key part of Reading Borough Council’s spend controls and Purchase to Pay Policy, acting as a key link between end users, Accounts Payable and the Procurement & Contracts team. This comprises of the set up and maintenance of new vendors in relevant Council systems and assisting in the monitoring of compliance with relevant controls and policies associated with supplier spend
About the role
- Assess and approve or challenge where required any new vendor requests submitted to ensure that the request is complete and in compliance with all relevant Council policies.
- Set up new approved vendor applications on relevant council payment and contract systems within agreed SLA timescales. This includes completing the necessary fraud checks and checks of the information supplied, such as bank details, company registration, etc.
- Maintain vendor records in council systems to ensure that all address, contact, etc information remains up to date and valid, conducting relative checks for change requests to ensure that they are genuine and not fraudulent
- Conduct a cleanse of vendor records in the council systems by performing a regular review of supplier information held on council systems, removing old and unused suppliers
- To carry out such other duties and activities as may from time to time be agreed consistent with the nature of the post towards the attainment of the Council’s procurement and supplier management objectives.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Able to use initiative, within corporate process and guidelines
- IT literate - Good level of Excel skills
- Ability to handle difficult conversations to enforce corporate policies in a calm and professional manner
- Good communication skills, both for internal service comms but also likely to be speaking directly with suppliers externally
- Ability to deliver objectives to a timeline essential
- Desirable - Data entry/ finance system experience but training can be provided for this.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 89 hours annual leave (24 days/177.6 hours pro rata) each year plus bank holidays – increasing after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Eye care - help towards an eye test and glasses, if you use a computer at work
Closing Date: 17th February 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 24th February 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change