Job Title: Admin Support Officer
Location: Apsley, Hemel Hempstead
Salary Range: £18,795 - £20,344 pa (pro rata)
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term - 8 Months
As a Support Officer, with the Dacorum Older Persons Team you will be providing business and administrative support to a multi-disciplinary team of social workers, occupational therapists, community care officers and their managers.
Your role will be to provide professional support, dealing with confidential and sensitive matters, answering telephone calls and providing information as a first point of contact. This will also involve undertaking a range of duties such as note and minute taking, filing, scanning and photocopying and dealing with general matters such as correspondence and other communications. You will also have a key role in managing team commitments avoiding scheduling conflicts and arranging meetings and receiving visitors.
Although there are no specific qualifications required for this role previous experience in service delivery or a business related qualification would be beneficial as would good communication skills. You will be:
- Self-motivated, professional and approachable providing excellent team support and best practice at all times.
- Willing to undertake a variety of administrative tasks, operating within departmental policies and procedures.
- A competent administrator with experience of using Microsoft Office who is confident to be the first point of contact for Managers and possess excellent customer care skills.
We are looking for someone, who can take pride in playing their part in a team supporting people to be active citizens and members of their communities. Hertfordshire operate a SMART working policy which will allow the Support Officer to work from home or a touchdown on occasion with management agreement however your main office base will be Apsley One.
Closing Date: 17th February 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 24th February
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Gillian Malcolm 01442 453656 / 07812322905 for an informal discussion about this role.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes