Required for September 2020
“The school is a haven of tolerance and respect, and everyone works together to celebrate both their diversity and inclusivity. It is a calm, caring and friendly place where everyone feels valued as part of the St. Luke’s School family.” (Ofsted Oct 2017)
Come and see our AMAZING school.
The Governors wish to appoint an inspirational Assistant Headteacher, committed to excellence. The position is non-class based but with a teaching commitment.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our Senior Leadership Team and contribute to moving our outstanding school forward into the future. You will be dynamic, with a proven track record of success as a teacher and leader. As an Assistant Headteacher, the core responsibilities of your role will be the development and implementation of whole school strategies, including those, relating to Teaching and Learning, pupil monitoring and increasing progress and attainment.
The Governors are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
- Has experience across at least 2 phases of primary education
- Has high expectations of pupil achievement and is an outstanding teacher
- Has an excellent understanding of the current curriculum and a proven track record of effective implementation.
- Understands the current assessment climate and is up to date on recent developments.
- Has a passion for the teaching and learning of all pupils and raising their attainment.
- Understands the importance of ensuring all pupils meet their full potential
- Has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the energy and enthusiasm to play a key role in school with high expectations of both themselves and others
- Can lead and support others to fulfil their potential.
- Is willing to support the Christian ethos of the school.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Play a part in leading in a diverse, inclusive forward thinking school
- Work with well behaved, happy pupils who are keen to learn and are proud of their school
- Work with a welcoming, supportive, hard-working staff and leadership team
- Build on your own professional development
- Work in a school with an open Christian ethos that focuses on enabling enrichment and opportunity through our vision of Life In All Its Fullness.
- Work in an amazing environment with excellent resources
- Engage with a strong effective partnership within the ODST Multi-Academy Trust and its other schools.
Please contact the school for more information and an application pack (01628 621600 or email@example.com)
Application packs can also be downloaded from www.st-lukesprimary.com
Please contact Charlotte Watson, School Business Manager, on 01628 621600 to arrange an informal visit.
Closing date for applications – Tuesday 10 March 2020
Interview date: Thursday 19 March 2020
ODST has a responsibility for, and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.