Reading Borough Council is a Unitary Authority that hosts the Joint Legal Team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join the Joint Legal Team who currently provide legal services to the six unitary authorities that formerly made up Berkshire County Council.
About the Role
The Joint Legal Team are recruiting to two paralegal posts in its Adult Social Care and Education Team. One post requires a working knowledge in key adult social care legislation and the second post requires a working knowledge in key education legislation.
We are looking for someone with:
- Good organisational and communication skills (both written and verbal) and showing a high degree of attention to detail.
- The ability to work alongside and support a lawyer in a highly pressured environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative when required.
Our Adult Social Care and Education Team is very experienced and achieves great outcomes for their clients. Within a supportive and collaborative environment your existing legal knowledge and skills will be stretched and developed, enabling you to improve your practice and further your career. The JLT as a whole is a very dynamic and friendly place to work and offers support and training opportunities to all its staff.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
Closing Date: 24th February 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 02nd March 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change