Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Leasehold Collections Officer, based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £33,492 per annum, pro-rata.
The Leasehold Collections Officer is a challenging role, part of a growing business and adding significant value. The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships within the Collections Team and with key stakeholders across the organisation.
Responsibilities of our Leasehold Collections Officer include:
- Maximise all revenue streams to improve income collection rates and minimise the levels of debt. To monitor arrears cases and ensure that prompt action is taken, including liaison with internal Benefits & Money advice specialists, mortgage lenders and instigating legal proceedings where necessary.
- Respond to routine enquiries from leaseholders, in person, through correspondence and by telephone.
- Actively promote to leaseholders and freeholders the range of payment methods available and signpost them to the relevant financial or other support available.
- Provide advice and information to tenants in respect of interventions for managing arrears and welfare benefit entitlements.
- Investigate and to manage all breaches of tenancy until resolution
- Prepare and submit applications to the County Court or First Tier Tribunals in relation to arrears, seeking and enforcing judgement. Attend Court or Tribunals to represent Peabody as necessary.
- Ensure that all files and records are updated using the appropriate corporate systems and to use information technology as necessary, for monitoring, record keeping and statistical analysis purposes.
- Work closely and flexibly with all staff across departments to provide an excellent level of customer service.
- Use initiative to contribute towards the collective output of the team, in order to meet all statutory or other deadlines.
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies and other service providers.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service and experience to all stakeholders to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Externally represent and promote Peabody effectively by creating a consistent, professional and positive image.
What we’re looking for in our Leasehold Collections Officer:
- Experience of arrears management and a good understanding of complex arrears issues and legislation affecting this, including the litigation process.
- Sound knowledge and experience of leasehold management in a social housing or mixed tenure environment.
Experience of representing Landlords in relation to breaches of covenant at the First Tier Tribunal (FTT) and/or the County Court.
- GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent
- 2 A-Levels or equivalent
- Charted Institute of Credit Management (CICM) qualification or evidence of working towards it
Closing date: 25th February 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Leasehold Collections Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST