Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading Children’s Services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for experienced Social Worker for our Duty and Assessment Service in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead at a time of exciting and positive change.
As a Social Worker for Achieving for Children (AfC), you will be responsible for:
- Holding a mixture of cases including complex cases.
- To investigate complaints of alleged neglect, abuse or ill-treatment of children; undertake assessments and, where appropriate, arrange accommodation for children, young people; maintaining appropriate personal/professional boundaries.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and care planning activities.
- To maintain an awareness of own professional limitations and knowledge gaps. To make effective use of supervision and appraisal as an opportunity to critically reflect on casework and to identify learning and development needs to continually improve upon practice; and to support CPD. To demonstrate the standards of proficiency as required by the HCPC in order to maintain registration.
- To work within the organisation’s professional policy and procedures and code of conduct.
To be a Social Worker for Achieving for Children you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting role, please contact Emma Levy on 01628 683994 for an informal discussion.
Achieving for Children have Fixed Start Dates, candidates are advised to prepare for this should a job offer be accepted to ensure eligible continuous service is not affected.
Closing date: 23 February 2020