Clerk of Works, Kent x2
Permanent – Full-time, 36 hours per week
Salary - £34,942 + car allowance
This is a pivotal role in ensuring that the reinvestment programmes and contracts are delivered successfully, to the required standard with zero defects. Your duties will include the supervision of quality, specification, health & safety and the introduction of new techniques & products.
You will need to be self-motivated and experienced in clerking on multi-trade contracts and operational aspects of building construction and refurbishment. Ideally you will have a trade background, although applications would be welcome from candidates with relevant technical expertise, preferably holding an ICW membership, although not essential.
Based in Kent Science Park, Building 190, you will need to have a full drivers licence and transport as this role will cover our stock throughout the Kent region.
Good communication skills in a customer focused environment and IT knowledge are also required.
If you would like to know more about the roles please contact Rhys Perkins, Reinvestment Manager – Kent.
What’s in it for you?
- Career Development- we provide excellent in-house training to develop your career.
- Pension- You’ll receive up to 10% of basic salary. You contribute from 3% to 5% and we’ll will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave - 27 days plus bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service.
- Birthday leave –You’ll receive a day off for your birthday.
- Buy/sell annual leave –There’s the opportunity to buy or sell annual leave to suit your requirements.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- you’ll have access to our approved cycle to work scheme, giving you the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- Interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We recognise, celebrate and thank our employees for their length of service with us, throughout their career.
- Free Flu Vaccination– You’ll have the opportunity to receive a flu jab in those wintery months.
For Additional information, please download the full JD attached. If the role sounds of interest and you would like to arrange an informal and confidential discussion to understand more about Optivo or the role, please contact TalentAcquisition@optivo.org.uk