Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager, based in Tower Bridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return you will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £55,000 per annum.
This Procurement Manager role is a vital member within a collaborative working environment. The initial focus of the role is to take ownership of and establish the Peabody way of doing things from a component procurement and group deal/buying perspective. This will mean developing an understanding of the high level specification requirements from the various parts of the business (design and technical, safety, fire compliance, environmental sustainability and asset management and maintenance) as well as the Peabody Employer’s Requirements documentation.
Responsibilities of our Procurement Manager include:
- Determine relevant procurement rules, obligations and best practice as this applies to a part publicly-funded entity with charitable status such as Peabody. Liaison with the Peabody corporate procurement team to ensure compliance in this regard.
- Uphold Peabody’s ethos of quality, longevity and resident-centric design whilst achieving value for money and managing risks in the design and procurement processes.
- Critically review the cost impact of Peabody standard specifications (Employer’s Requirements) on an ongoing basis and provide cost analysis of alternatives for technical / compliance consideration as acceptable equivalents.
- Review cost impacts of Peabody standard design preferences (the Design Guide) and quantify the extra/over costs compared to, e.g., lower/generally compliant standards.
- Identify and negotiate on appropriate bulk orders / indirect pricing agreements / supplier discounts for key elements and components.
- Prioritise, collect and review key expenditure metrics across the development programme on a per dwelling / per square foot basis.
- Manage how credits, rebates, discounts are tracked and realised back to Peabody and record and report on the value and timeliness of these.
- Analyse and report on the use of potential modern methods of construction (off-site manufactured assemblies of various sizes and complexities) and costs/benefits analysis of those options considered.
- Lead in the carrying out of lifecycle cost analysis (capital cost and ongoing running, maintenance cycle and replacement costs) for key elements, components and systems. This work would be carried out with the input of both the development directorate and the customer services, asset management directorate.
- Review the details of traditionally procured or management contract schemes in order to identify gaps in information or assumptions within or between works tender packages. Report on this to assist the development team in minimising design and construction risk within contracts.
What we’re looking for in our Procurement Manager:
- Professional qualification from CIPS or another recognised procurement qualification
- Or, minimum 5 years procurement experience in a main contractor or developer contractor organisation
- Proven framework / group negotiation and deal-making experience
- Experience of working within an environment with a focus on policy compliance
- Professional reporting and presentation skills
Closing date: 18th February 2020
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Procurement Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST