St. Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Romford RM1 4JA
Tel: 01708 745506
Hours: 18 hours per week/39 weeks per year
Grade: Scale 3 (Pts 5-6). Actual Salary of £9,172 - £9,337 p.a. (FTE £21,591 - £21,981 p.a)
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Governors are wishing to recruit an experienced and skilled Teaching Assistant with excellent numeracy and literacy skills to support a range of children with differing needs and abilities across the school.
St. Peter’s is currently extending to 2FE and enjoying the benefits of a beautiful new build and extended facilities. We maintain a friendly community, well-behaved, responsive pupils and very supportive parents and governors. Our staff are hard-working and committed to ensuring that our school aims are upheld and that every child’s well-being and safety is a priority.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an understanding of the needs of all children including those with additional and SEND needs and how best to support them
- Be hard working and motivated to support children to achieve their potential
- Have high expectations of the children’s learning, behaviour and conduct
- Be confident in using a range of positive behaviour strategies to motivate children
- Be adaptable and flexible, working as part of a team
- Show initiative and the desire to be involved in all aspects of school life
- Uphold the values and ethos of our school aims and vision
Visits to the school are essential.
To arrange an appointment with the Headteacher or SENCO, please contact the school office.
Only those applicants who visit the school will be considered for shortlisting.
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Noon Friday 28 February 2020