We're looking for
A customer-focused individual with energy, experience and a strong sense of purpose to join us as an Voids Inspector.
Catalyst is all about homes people love. That means everything from developing and maintaining great properties, to delivering excellent service to our customers, every day. We provide housing for those who can’t afford a home without our help, and offer a wide range of homes for rent, shared ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, and a member of the G15 group. We're at a particularly exciting point in our story, having recently merged with another large housing association, Aldwyck. The merger makes us stronger and more able to deliver our social purpose - in every part of our organisation.
We’re a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for. We invest care, time and resources in our people because we know it’s our people who will drive our purpose. If you’d like to be part of what we do, please get in touch.
As a Voids Inspector you will provide comprehensive and cost-effective void and maintenance service to all properties owned by Catalyst. In this role you will carry out detailed pre-inspections of properties and works where technical appraisal is necessary within seven days of receipt of notice to quit. You will liaise with outgoing customers regarding how the property is to be left when they move out and report repairs that can be organised prior to the property becoming a void. You will also complete Health & Hygiene Safety Rating System (HHSRS) inspections. You will Instruct and manage a safe practise of work to cover Asbestos testing, removal and any potential risks. You will ensure both gas and electric meters are topped up and information uploaded to the system. You will carry out post inspections of void works to ensure consistent standards are adhered to.
You’ll will have good understanding of the Voids process from termination through to hand back to letting staff . You will have detailed understanding of the National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates and be able to manage operatives in their daily tasks. You will have previous experience of working within time and budget restrains. You will have good geographical knowledge and will be confident in using Microsoft packages. You will have positive attitude to work ; always promoting team working and good morale. You will take ownership of the issues / problems and personally see them through to a satisfactory resolution . You will be able to encompass organisational change in a positive manner . You will be ideally educated to GCSE or equivalent levels preferably including English and Mathematics. Minimum 5 years in construction/housing voids field or related service provision would be desirable but its not essential.
- Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against current market rates
- 27 days paid annual leave up to a maximum of 30 days
- The opportunity to buy and sell up to five days’ of annual leave each year
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave schemes
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 5% of your monthly salary with another 9% by us
- A healthcare cashback plan for you and any dependants, covering dental fees, eye-care, wellbeing massages, physio, chiropody and much more
- Access to free mobile phone insurance and a huge range of discounts at high street stores, restaurants, cinema tickets, holidays, insurance policies and much, much more.