We are looking for a conscientious and hard-working individual whose wish is to maintain our environment to the highest standard and be part of our fantastic team here at Scartho Infants’ School and Nursery:-
- Responsible for opening and closing, unlocking and locking of the school gates and buildings during term time and holidays (as required).
- Securing the school premises, attending to out of hours intruder alarm activation. You will be the main Key Holder and the first point of contact in an emergency callout situation. To carry out regular checks and inspections of the premises, equipment and grounds keeping accurate manual records where appropriate.
- To ensure that all tools and cleaning products are stored correctly and are not accessible by pupils and that hygiene standards and regulations are met. To collect and dispose of all waste, refuse and surplus materials.
- Upkeep and general care of the school, ensuring that external rubbish is stored appropriately and be responsible for the removal of all debris from paths, play areas, entrances etc.
- Preparation of the school hall for functions as required.
- Ensure that clear passage is maintained on fire escape routes, test fire alarms weekly and maintain the test register.
- Be aware of the location of all stopcocks, gas and electricity meters and read meters as required.
- Any other work requested by and deemed appropriate by, the Head Teacher and Governors by agreement with the custodian.
- The successful applicant will:
- Have a willingness to undertake relevant training and identify own development needs.
- Have a flexible, pro-active approach with a positive attitude. Be able to plan, organise and prioritise.
- Be able to undertake DIY tasks.
- Good organisational and communication skills (written and verbal).
- To monitor work requests on the premises ensuring that day to day maintenance tasks and requests for minor works are undertaken as expediently as possible and actions recorded in a timely manner.
- Flexible approach and positive attitude towards work and the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
- Understanding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and confidentiality.
- To place orders, via the office, for items of housekeeping ensuring stock levels are maintained.
- To provide safe access to the school in the event of snow, ice or flooding.
- COSH training
- First Aid at WorkCertificate
- Safeguarding & Prevent Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Working at heights
- Any other relevant training
Any offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks and the successful completion of an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers
Please contact Debi Smith if you wish to view the school prior to applying.